214 – Power-Sculpted Contemplation Bench
Historical past
Again within the early days of my woodworking, I used to be closely influenced by a present referred to as Woodworks. The host, David Marks, would steadily interact in a course of that was very new to me on the time: energy-sculpting (aka energy carving). I used to be so excited by this course of that I drove all the best way as much as Santa Rosa to study the method from the person himself. So what you see on this video is essentially impressed by the work of David Marks. For those who’re taken with seeing a few of the previous Woodworks episodes, you are able to do so right here.
As soon as I returned house from Santa Rosa, I got down to create a easy sitting bench that may incorporate this carving method. Whereas the bench was solely meant as a prototype, I went on to show a category on the subject and my buddy Tom Iovino was capable of write an article concerning the venture for Woodcraft Journal. A number of years later, I wrote an article for Common Woodworking Journal on Free-type Sculpting which you"ll be able to obtain right here free of charge.
The New Model
What you see right here is the brand new and improved model almost ten years later. My objective with this undertaking was to make some delicate modifications that end in huge enhancements. I did one thing very comparable with a step-stool undertaking a pair years in the past. The thought was to use my present information base and design sensibilities to easily make the bench higher, or at the least my private interpretation of “higher.”
Power-Sculpting Tools
The 2 main instruments I exploit are an angle grinder and a 7″ polisher. I exploit an Arborech TurboPlane within the grinder however there are many different choices obtainable to you. When you’re trying to save a couple of bucks, take a look at the Holey Galahad Discs.
Study Extra
This video is definitely simply an excerpt from an extended 2-hour collection revealed within the Wooden Whisperer Guild. We have now six movies that present you each element that you must know to construct this challenge and refine your energy-scultping and design expertise. For those who’re , test it out!
Merchandise Used
- Arbortech TurboPlane
- Auriou Rasps
- Small Modeler"s Rasp
- West Methods Epoxy
Assets
- Pop. Woodworking Article - Free-Type Sculpting
- Woodcraft Journal Article
The submit 214 – Power-Sculpted Contemplation Bench appeared first on The Wooden Whisperer.
Komentar
Posting Komentar